Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A few quick thoughts on Batman (1989)



I love the first Tim Burton Batman film. I've got some good memory's of watching this at the cinema and the fact my then Youngest little brother got in despite it being under the brand new 12 certificate at the time.

To this day Michael Keaton is my favourite of all that have played Batman. He has the right amount of Bruce and Batman going for me and he under plays the role so well I think it's a shame we never got to see him in Batman Forever.
Did you know Bill Murray had been rumoured to be cast in the role at the time
I've always thought Jack Nicholson's Joker was OK but I think the man ruins it himself by just being far too... not sure what the word is to be honest. I don't like how Nicholson's name was billed before Keaton's ether. In fact this film might of been a bit better if it had not had his ego all over it.

The Bat suit is fantastic and this also is my favourite of the costumes that have been designed from the original films. Although I find it amusing to read some people wanted to use a Nike product placement on it. Maybe the famous tick could of gone in the middle of the bat symbol?

Danny Elfman's theme is still a top five movie tune for me to this day. And I'll openly admit to loving the Prince soundtrack.

Great film.

No comments:

Post a Comment