Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The UK Web & Mini Comix Thing is no more...



Yesterday I discovered that there will be no more UK Web & Mini Comix Thing event. While checking out the website like I do occasionally I came across this post made by event organizer Patrick Findley:

Boo Hoo!!!!
There will be no more Things as the hall is no longer available for hire and my brain is fried. There are some options for using other venues but I think its probably best to call it a day. If I change my mind I'll let you know.


Wow! The only thing I manage to go to each year and have a bit of personal history with and the organiser is packing it in because he can't be bothered anymore. Well that's a kick in the balls for me as me and my friend James went to this every year. For a couple of years we were even vendors under the PORTENT COMICS banner before he unfortunately passed away back in 2007.
Shame it's finished. Seems like the end of an era for me.

Here is a review I did for this years event back in march for the lovely people at Small Press Big Mouth.
http://smallpressbigmouth.blogspot.com/2010/04/return-of-thing.html

I'll have some fond memories. Farewell Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment