Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Star Trek opening voice-overs. What if?


So over on the SFX forum user Paranoid_Roy raised a subject regarding Star Trek that I've never really thought of before.

I'v just started an episode of TNG and it got me thinking. Should all the star trek series have had their own version of the classic opening voice over? One for DS9 would have to be extremely well written to have it match the tone of the show, Voyager's would have to be about getting home rather than going to new places. Enterprise would be very similar to classic ones from TOS and TNG with only minor changes to reference the prequel nature of show. Any one want to have a go writting them?


So I thought I'd give it a go regard Star Trek Voyager and I didn't realize how cheesy I could be...

Janeway: "The Delta Quadrant. The Federation knew little about this region of space. My ship, USS Voyager and it's loyal crew were swept clear across the galaxy into it by an entity known as the caretaker. Now 70,000 light years from home, in unknown surroundings and united in a common purpose with former Maquis rebels we face unknown dangers and meet new friends as we start our journey back to the Alpha Quadrant ... back to our home"


I'm trying to come up with one for Deep Space Nine now with little success

No comments:

Post a Comment