Pages

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Michael Rooker. A fine actor and a really nice chap.


Thought I'd share with you a brief twitter conversation I had with Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer actor and now every ones favourite zombie apocalypse survivor and racist Michael Rooker.

Michael Rooker played Merle Dixon in the much anticipated and well received drama "The Walking Dead". Based on Robert Kirkman's long running comic series about a group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse it's finally hit the small screen last year on FX and then hit Channel 5 earlier this year.

Anyway, I was trying to be clever and thought I'd do my best to see if I could worm any info out of him to find out if Merle will be returning in season 2 after it was clearly left open for him to do so.

@Jamie_Dodger_ - Hi @Michael Rooker How is filming on season 2 of The Walking dead going?

@Michael Rooker - they tell me it's hot as hell.....

@Jamie_Dodger_ - Damn you Mr Rooker for not giving anything away. I thought I could trick you into giving away some sort of details. lol ;)

@Jamie_Dodger_ - Andrew Lincoln has a huge fan base over here in the UK. We hope America loves him as much as we do.

@Michael_Rooker - He is a good person......I'm told that I have a good lil fan base on ur side of the pond as well......is that true?

@Jamie_Dodger_ - HELL YES! And like others I'm hoping we have not seen the last of Merle. Are you tweeting from your on-set trailer.

@Michael_Rooker - ur to easy to read....lol

@Jamie_Dodger_ - Yes.Unfortunately I am. Although I deserve points for trying surely? Thank you all the same for responding to me.

@Michael_Rooker - hahaha.....kick start that michael rooker fanbase in the UK for me......u never know, i might get over that way one day...

@Jamie_Dodger_ - I'm not sure if everyone will like the tagline "He's your favourite Character actor racist" but I'll give it a go. All the best sir.

@Michael_Rooker - lol, we will see, we will see......

What a lovely chap. I so hope Merle returns in season 2. If he doesn't I'll be most surprised.

1 comment:

  1. Merle,youv'e got to come back in season 2. everyone would love to find out how you escaped!
    I think it would be a shame to let this end in the first season.
    From, Dave Sparkes

    ReplyDelete