Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh, everything's perfectly all right now! We're.. fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


This week celebrates five years of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and as much as it embarrasses me to post this here I've decided for your viewing pleasure to post a document containing what I thought of the film back on May 23, 2005. I'm sure people that know me now will remember how much I despise the prequels these days but back then I was so excited like a five year old seeing ROTJ again I had to vent my joy somewhere on the web.

Please don't laugh at me too much Ha Ha!

Well, what can I say? Last Thursday I stood in line to see the final ever Star wars movie and was I impressed?
YOU BET I WAS!

This film fits in with the original trilogy near perfect and is worth seeing for the amazing fight scenes alone.
Lucas has actually redeemed himself for the other two films which (If I am honest) were a bit ropey.

Let me start off with the good points first of all.

1) The opening space battle was superb and was by far one of the best space action scenes in all six movies.

2) The battle of Kashyyyk was also great and reminded me of Saving Private Ryan for some reason. The return of Chewbacca was nice and most welcome but his appearance was far too short.

3) R2-D2 was hilarious and was really in his own this time round although the use of his thrusters will bug me for along time to come...Don't ask.

4) The return of the Tantive IV (leia's ship in A New Hope) was cool. It was a really pimped up version and reminded me of the Stormtroopers destroying it with laser fire in the next one.

Lots more which I would love to mention but hey, I am going to skip to the one that did it for me.

ANAKIN VS OBI-WAN
My Goodness, this was truly awesome to watch and makes thier fight in ANH look like a walk hand in hand in the park. Harsh words are exchanged between them and obviously we all no the outcome but I actually found myself wanting Anakin to become good again...Sad I know.

When he burns as well it sent shivers down my spine (Crispy Vader anybody!?!?).


Now the moans.

1) Lucas has once again filled the film with some really piss poor dialog which belongs in some other movie
"I LOVE YOU"
"No, I love you more"

2) General Grievous was in my opinion very hyped up but did not deliver the goods. A disappointment which could have been so much better in terms of character.

3) The Force ghost explanation was a complete turkey. I waited years to find out the reason why this happens only to be told Yoda can talk to Qui-Gon and he will be able to train Obi-Wan to do it as well. WHAT A LOAD OF rubbish.

Overall though a great film and I will be seeing it again, just because I want to see Vader get suited up again.

"NOOOOOOOOOO" said by Vader is pure CHEESE but I love it.
Cheers


Well there you go. I hope you had a chuckle at what I look back at now and cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment