Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"You fail me yet again Michael Bay" - Transformers: Dark of the Moon


I can honestly say this is the worst film I've ever seen. I booked the ticket on Saturday and since doing that came down with a bad cold. I didn't want to waste my money so yesterday I struggled down to cineworld to see it. I think the other people in there must of misunderstood my sniffles and constant wiping my eyes for joy and sadness with what happens in the film. They thought wrong.
The best bit about this film was Leonard Nimoy (Sentinal Prime) paying tribute to his most famous character. Apart from the "Needs of the many" line there were a few Star Trek nods in this film. Spock's "I am and always shall be your friend" was sampled by Bumblebee when he said goodbye to Sam. Wheelie watching the original Trek TV show and Sam saying the museum looked like the Enterprise.
I couldn't tell you who any of the new Decepticon/Autobot's featured in the film were individually despite their names being mentioned. Only looking ar IMDB now informs me that the great James Remar voiced Sideswipe AND WTF was Shockwave all about!?! I thought he was going to be a major bad guy but all he did was get his giant metal Decepticon penis to destroy buildings. And who was the Autobot with Wheelie? And what was with the hair?
It was nice to see some sort of live-action Lazer Beak on screen finally though.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was just terrible and Megan Fox was seriously missed in this movie. And that is me refering to acting ability there as well.

Overall though this was worse than the second one and as much as I don't like that I'd call it a masterpiece compared to this.

As a fellow SFX forum user said "If you're expecting a decent plot, good acting, humour that's actually funny, etc. then you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting excellently-crafted action sequences, then you'll lap it up with a spoon."

Dear Mr Bay

Please don't make any more movies.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers for the warning. I'll wait till it pops up on SKY when I have a few hours to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fool! What the heck man! JELLY

    ReplyDelete