Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nicholas Courtney (16 December 1929 – 22 February 2011)


Actor Nicholas Courtney died aged 81 on Tuesday and was best known to Doctor Who viewers as Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. His episodes were some of the first I ever saw as a kid and he has been a favourite of mine since. I can't put in to words how sad I feel about his passing but a fellow Who fan managed to get across my thoughts exactly

The passing of an era. At the side of, and butting heads with, many Doctors over the years, he survived Daleks, Cybermen, Zygons, Autons and several dozen other menaces. Despite the Doctor’s often withering contempt, he always stood his ground with honor. In the end, he fell to the one foe which cannot be overcome, not even by a Time Lord. He will be remembered, and sorely missed. Stand down, Brigadier. Your duty is done.


Wonderful.

Brigadier: Oh dear. Women, not really my field.
The Doctor: Don't worry, Brigadier, people will be shooting at you soon.

Please check out my quote of the week underneath this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment